Wednesday 23 November 2011

Alternative Drawing Styles and Shading

Here I have experimented with differnt drawing and shading styles. The styles being realistic, semi-realistic, and cartoony. The arrow in each piece indicates where the light is coming from to show clearly where the appropriate shading should be.

Above is my realistic piece, which is easily the most successful I feel as I really did spend a lot of time on the face as my past work hasn't had terribly good faces on them.


Above is my semi-realistic piece and I knew straight away that I wanted ym character to have long elegant female legsa dn also to just appear more feminine in general as my character in the realistic piece didn't look terribly feminine. Unfortunately though this did not leave me with deisred results as the character looks alsmost comical with her long legs, long skinny arms, and overly large boobs. However arguably this is a good thing as it aids the character in looking semi-realistic.

Above is my cartoony character which I am surprisingly proud of, despite not having very high hopes with this piece as I knew that I would be limited as to how it was created. I had been playing minigore, an iPhone game, quite a bit and I really liked how the characters were small and boxy, similar to minecraft's characters and so I chose a similar style.

No comments:

Post a Comment